Carlsbad Wave FC
Speed, Agility and Fitness Camp
Date: August 5th – 8th (Monday – Thursday)
Ages: 8-15 (boys and Girls)
Location: Buena Vista Elementary School
· 8-9.30 am (U13-U17)
· 10-11.15 am (U9-U12)
· $90 (U13-U17)
· $75 (U9-12)
Carlsbad Wave FC is pleased to announce our first Speed, Agility and Fitness Camp. The Camp will be run by Wave’s very own Fitness Guru Mindes Dorlean. (Click here for Bio).
What will my child learn?
During the camp your child will learn the following:
· Balance (core strength)
· Changing direction efficiently
· Speed (how to get the most out of your technique)
· Change of Speed (explosive speed)
· Quickness (quick feet and sharp movements, how this improves your soccer)
· Nutrition (pre match meals, post-match, day to day)
· Fitness (how to improve your Aerobic and Anaerobic levels)
How is this camp different?
U13-U17: The focus at this age is to improve the children’s outlook and knowledge on speed, agility and fitness, and how these 3 components can make them a better player. They will learn exercises and nutritional facts they can use and execute on a daily bases’.
U9-U12: The focus for the youngers is to get them excited about doing extra exercise and to give them games and ideas on how to make it fun whilst improving their motor coordination and enhancing their development of various motor performance skills.
10 reasons why kids need to exercise:
1. Kids who exercise are more likely to keep exercising as an adult.
2. Exercise helps kids achieve and maintain a healthy body weight.
3. Regular physical activity helps build and maintain strong, healthy muscles, bones and joints.
4. Exercise aids in the development of important interpersonal skills—this is especially true for participation in team sports.
5. Exercise improves the quantity and quality of sleep.
6. Research shows that exercise promotes improved school attendance and enhances academic performance.
7. Kids who exercise have greater self-esteem and better self-images.
8. Participating in regular physical activity prevents or delays the development of many chronic diseases (e.g., heart disease, diabetes, obesity, hypertension) and promotes health.
9. Children who are active report fewer symptoms of anxiety and depression and a better overall mood.
10. Exercise helps improve motor coordination and enhances the development of various motor performance skills.