***THE "D" COURSE CAN ONLY BE TAKEN BY COACHES WHO HAVE RECEIVED A "STATE D" SCORE AND ARE LOOKING TO UPGRADE TO THE NATIONAL "D" LICENSE.***
***Be sure to verify your e-mail address at time of registration, as you will receive pre-course material/information and final results via e-mail. ***
Prerequisites: Must have completed a "D" course and received a "State D" score. All candidates must wait six months from the starting date of their original course.
• Principles of Play
• Athlete Development
• Session Planning
• Coaching technique
• Coaching tactics
• Systems of play
• Match analysis
• Sport Science
Course Length: 16 hours total- 2-4 hours in classroom and 12 hours of field sessions.
Any candidate that fails to attend the FULL 18 hour couse will recieve a "Not Ready" grade.
Cal South “D” Pre Course Assignments: Two weeks prior to course start date, candidate must submit two (the two sessions must be from different principles; e.g. you can’t choose two attacking sessions) completed coaching sessions chosen from the below list of topics to firstname.lastname@example.org. These sessions must be conducted with an age appropriate team (U13-U14) and signed off on by the club Director of Coaching or President prior to submission.
• Improve your team's ability to build up from the defensive half
• Improve your team's ability to create scoring changes from wide positions
• Improve your team's ability to build up using wide play
• Improve your team's ability to build up through midfield
• Improve you team's ability to create scoring chances from central positions
• Improve your team's ability to recover the ball in the defensive half
• Improve your team's ability to recover in the attacking half
• Improve your team's ability to defend against the counter attack
• Improve your team's ability to defend against wide attacking play
• Improve your team's ability to defend zonally
• Improve your goalkeeper's angle play and starting position
• Improve your goalkeeper's shot stopping to include diving
Testing Results: A candidate can re-test once. If the receive a "Not Ready" score a second time, they must retake the full "D" course and pay all appropriate fees.
Course Times: July 21- 8:00am - 6:00pm
July 20- 8:00am - 6:00pm
Meeting Location: C1 & C2
Cost: $50.00 per candidate. $45 for Cal South Coaches Association Members
What to Bring:
•Completed pre-course work
•Notepad and pen/pencil for classroom session
• Properly inflated Size 5 ball
• Appropriate soccer attire
• Sunscreen Lotion (Optional)
• Portable Chair (Optional)• Lunch (Optional)-You will be allowed of campus for lunch if preferred.
YOU WILL BECOME A MEMBER OF CAL SOUTH WHEN REGISTERING FOR A COURSE.